My husband and I looked forward to opening day of Sherwood for many months, and boy was I pleased we attended on that Saturday. We were so impressed! The grounds are gorgeous, buildings beautiful, vendors wonderful, and the food was yummy!
We showed up at 9:15 AM to get in with the early crowd and see the grand opening. It was so much fun to be part of the history! We stayed until 7:30 PM and left that early only because we had to meet with family that evening.
Here are some positive comments from our experience I thought others would like to hear.
· Grounds are lovely. Trees are beautiful and the area was completely spotless at all times. I never saw anyone cleaning the grounds, but it was always clean – maybe I was so entranced with the surroundings that I didn’t notice the cleaning crew.
· Love the vendors! Everyone was welcoming, and there was a great mix of products to choose from. Many vendors said it was the best first year opening day experience they have ever had.
· For a first year faire, I didn’t expect the quality and variety of food that was available. We certainly didn’t go hungry and it was all excellent! Dragon Toes are great! Oh, and thanks for making sure coffee was available at some of the vendor stands – a must for my husband before 10:00 AM.
· Love the bathrooms. Lots of room and always clean – even still clean at 7:00 PM. I will costume next time knowing that I can get my large skirts in and out of the bathrooms. Sounds like more were already added by Sunday, which is great.
· Loved that so many people were costuming. We didn’t costume as we weren’t sure what to expect for opening day, and I have to say we were definitely in the minority – there many people in costume which was really fun.
· From what we could tell, of the few trees that may have needed to be cleared on the property, it looks like they were all used in some way. Nice little tables/stools made out of the stumps, and maybe some of the trim on the buildings were made from trees from the grounds? Not sure if this is the case, but I love that the resources from the property look like they were used in some way.
· We enjoyed wandering from vendor to vendor so much that we didn’t get a chance to watch the shows. We will be back in a few weeks to see the entertainment for sure.
· Really enjoyed the fireworks. Fun!
· Although I’m sure it was crazy trying to keep up with everything on opening day, the craziness was mostly transparent to us as patrons. There were a few hiccups, but nothing that took away from the experience. In fact, it added to our opening day experience, as everyone had such a positive attitude in working around the very few glitches.
Brava on a wonderful, wonderful opening day. We will never forget the experience!
Jennifer. S., Hempstead, TX