Sherwood Forest is located on US Hwy 290 approximately 35 miles east of Austin.
Parking Lot Entrance (for day-trippers)
- Address: 1883 Old Hwy 20, McDade TX 78650 [view map]
- Turn off US Highway 290 (right if coming from Houston, left if from Austin) onto Old Potato Road. Proceed 1/2 mile to the end of Old Potato Road and turn right onto Old Highway 20. Our parking lot is 1/4 mile ahead on the right-hand side.
- Some GPS systems do not like this address and will take you to a location several miles away. Please examine the map. If your GPS does not appear to be taking you to the vicinity of Old Potato Road, you might want to navigate to our Campground Entrance address instead, and then proceed 1 mile west to Old Potato Road from there.
- Our Parking Lot is unmistakeable from Google Maps. Just look near Highway 290 & Old Potato Road
Campground Entrance (for overnight guests and faire workers)
- 3106 US Hwy 290 E, Paige TX 78659 [view map]
- The campground gate is located on US Highway 290 and is flanked by two unmistakable billboards. That entrance is approximately 1 mile west of the Highway 21 overpass (which is your landmark coming from Houston) and 1 mile east of Old Potato Road (your landmark coming from Austin). They are set back from the road quite a bit due to state regulations, and if you are driving too fast you might not have sufficient time to slow down. We advise you to slow down when you encounter one of the landmarks mentioned above.
Proximity to nearby cities:
- Austin – 35 miles
- Bryan/College Station – 60 miles
- Dallas/Fort Worth – 220 miles
- El Campo – 100 miles
- Houston – 120 miles
- San Antonio – 120 miles
- San Marcos – 70 miles
- Victoria – 120 miles