Grown-Up Camp Overview
Sherwood Forest Grown-Up Summer Camp offers adults age 21+ the opportunity to learn skills and crafts of the renaissance era. Each camper will receive three hours of instruction in five different courses during their camp adventure. The event spans three days, and in addition to the course instruction campers will enjoy three high-quality meals, some time for relaxation or cooling off in the pool each day, and of course revelry at Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem at night!
The curriculum is modeled after the youth camp curriculum, because what we were doing for the kids got adults so excited that they asked us to do it for them, too!
2016 Grown-Up Camp Curriculum
Attendees have their choice of the following:
- Sleep in the climate-controlled Great Hall on a cot that we provide or on your own mattress/bed that you have brought
- Members of a Clan who have a reserved camping spot during Faire season may use that spot during this weekend
- Adults who are not members of a Clan may set up camp in their own tent or RV in designated camping areas
- We have some electrical hookups for RVs available for an additional surcharge
- There are 4 private bedrooms for rent in the Castle
You can explore the accommodations options further during the registration process.
The 2017 dates are June 23-25.
You may arrive Thursday, June 22rd anytime after 12pm to set up your personal area and start getting to know people. We highly recommend arriving as soon as you can!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, five hours are spent in classroom instruction, one hour for R&R, three hours for meals, and each evening concludes with a special evening activity such as live music or some sort of performance.
Departure is anytime before Noon on Monday, June 26.
Food service will be provided by BrouHaHa, with attention given to any dietary restrictions you may have.
Want to Know More?
- Visit our Facebook page here
- Email the Camp Director, Teach Minchew
- You might also look through the other pages on this site that have to do with the Youth Camp, as this event is modeled on that one.
Total $349 per adult, reduced to $299 if paid by 12/31 or $324 if paid by 3/31. Parents who send their child to our Youth Camp for all 3 weeks receive an additional $50 discount.
Cancel by May 31st – 100% refund
Cancel from June 1st to June 15th – 50% refund
Cancel after June 15th – 0% refund
We will accept a maximum of 80 adults for this event. You can reserve a spot by clicking the link below. When we are ready to collect information from our adult campers, we will email you at the address you used when you made your payment.
If you have questions about the program, email the Camp Director, Teach Minchew.